Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Thursday, July 26, 2007

Book Nerd and Proud


I always make a summer reading list and I usually finish somewhere between 5-6 of those books. This is my first summer in forever that I am not taking grad glasses so I have a bit more energy to do "recreational" reading. I am proudly ahead of my old game plan. My eyes are tired, but here is what I have devoured in two months...

DONE
Life of Pi -Yann Martel (Whitmer Summer book Club :))
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows-JK Rowling (It is okay, I wasn't overly impressed)

Baby Laughs -Jenny McCarthy ( I strongly recommend Belly Laughs as well, Jenny McCarthy is hilarious! She has an entertaining way of filling you in on all the disgusting things that everyone else is embarrassed to tell you about your body during pregnancy, and bringing home a newborn)

The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold (Exceptional, now they are making it into a movie with Ryan Gosling slated as Jack Salmon...interesting)

What is the What -Dave Eggers (I adore Dave Eggers, I would like to re-read one of my all time favorite books A Heart Breaking Work of Staggering Genius)

Catcher in the Rye-Salinger (this is a re-read for the fall semester, I am pretty sure I have most of it memorized by now, geesh)

The Best Amercian Nonrequired Reading-2005 ed. Dave Eggers

STILL TO GO
And the Sea is Never Full-Memoirs of Ellie Wiesel
Children Playing Before A Statue of Hercules - David Sedaris
Ulysse by James Joyce
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
A Heart Breaking Work of Staggering Genius -(re-read)Dave Eggers
The Best American Nonrequired Reading-2004 ed. Dave Eggers



3 comments:

Sarah said...

The Lovely Bones is one of my most favorite books of all times! (I was not aware of the movie! How exciting!)

Roonie said...

I love Dave Eggers too!

Have you ever read Lucky, also by Alice Sebold? That one particularly hit home, especially because it's about a college student that went to Syracuse.

Malissa said...

ok, ulysses alone could take a lifetime! ;)