Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Friday, August 03, 2007

Let's Dish!...the verdict


Let's Dish! was great! We both had a lot of fun and because we signed up for a lunch time slot we had lunch prepared for us for free. It was a great balsamic and pesto pizza.


Along with our main dishes we also got to pick from prepped side dishes, I am excited to heat up the Parmesan string beans tonight and I think the almond glazed asparagus sounds great for Sunday evening. I think what I like best (besides seeing Ryan in an apron and smiling) was portion control. The dishes are so healthy and it is nice to actually portion out our food. We are both looking forward to the Septembers menu (we still have money on the gift card too!!!) and trying this again.


In all, I rate this experience as a fun afternoon with my husband and a nice way to shock myself back into cooking. I get lazy during the summer and it is a nice transition...especially since I do not have to clean anything up or do the prep work ( I HATE to chop onion or garlic!)


Word on the street (the street is the cute older couple that was there the same time as us) is that there is a similar sort of shop going into Levis Commons in Perrysburg. I will have to do a little research on that one.

No comments: