Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ahhh, the Cycle has Been Broken

I am proud to say that Addison had kicked the habit. She is no longer a slave to the pacifier. If you have never experienced a toddler "hooked" on a pacifier I can best describe it as the kiddie equivialnt of someone hooked on crack coccaine.

I kid you not, when we first tried to break her of it a few months ago it was BAD! One REALLY bad and sleepless night and we decided to let her make her own decisons on when she was ready to give it up...I mean how often do you see a 13 year old with a pacifier, right?

Well, my precocious little one decided she was done and she has not looked back. I'm sad she is growing up and "only babies need two-twos" (our nickname for the pacifier), but it is so amazing to see her making decisions like this on her own. She is quite a little girl. She also just informed as I am typing this that "mommy...sissy is crawling! It is AMAZING!" She melts my heart.

No comments: