Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dave Ramsey: You Sweet, Sweet Man

My husband and I first were introduced to Dave Ramsey close to 3 months ago and he has already changed our lives in more ways than financially. A non-attender and in serious doubt, I hadn't been to church in a LONG time. My mom knew how tough things have been financially and suggested we attend a three week series at her church with Dave Ramsey. Drawn in my Ramsey and hooked by the rest of the church, we were hooked and haven't missed a day since. We started his Total Money Makeover and we are now in his 13 week Financial Peace University class. It is unreal. Could a financial "guru" actually set off a series of events that have lead to so much peace and clarity? Crazy.

Tonight we had our 2nd FPU class and I just feel so good about our future. We are slowly waking up from a nightmare that has lasted nearly 6 months, but we are slowly rising from the ashes. I feel excellent about the positive changes happening in our lives and I am very blessed for the transformations we (yes we, Ryan has grown even more than me and I am so proud) have been experiencing.

Taking stock of my life the last few months, opening my eyes to toxic people and just finally breathing in the blessed and beautiful things in my life has allowed me to better heal from the pain.

I look forward to the next 11 weeks of class and the next 60 years of my life...it feels good to say these things out loud and if feels amazing to go through a full day with out sobbing fearing yet another bottom falling out.

I would love to shake Mr. Ramsey's hand, send a gracious thank you to my husband, family and real friends and just smile at God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets Just say that It makes me proud to see how much your lives have changed and hope the Toxic person you are referring to at school just leaves you alone and you can just work on your life with family and friends.

Heather said...

Though I was speaking symbolically; I was refering to multiple people in various capacities that have made me feel insignificant, not good enough and disrespected in general. Im on a kick with the word, I guess I just mean it is better to surround yourself with people that care about you as much as you care about them.


The most hurtful and damaging relationship was with a co-worker. It has been hard working with someone that you once respected and had such a good relationship with. It is horrible to walk past him in the hallway and he won't even make eye contact. Worst yet, I even reached out to mend the fracture because I missed his humor and the dynamics of our "friendship" and he just reacted cruely.

You live and learn.

Though I am pretty sure I know who you are "anonymous" I appreciate your words...thanks for the support.