Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blink

and you'll miss it



Addison informed me that she was happy to pee and poop like a big girl now AND that I was her best friend because we go on imaginary adventures together-today we drove a helicopter through the house and last night we jumped into a book to get a bottle of perfume.



It smelled beautiful.



I want to cry (sometimes I do, I never knew saying good bye to diapers was that big a deal) because this is all going by too fast, I still visit the vivid memory of holding her, just me and my girl, in my hospital room after everyone went home her first night alive. It was just the two of us and I still can't believe what I have been chosen to do.



She is growing into such an amazing and compassionate little girl. So smart and beautiful...very aware of others and the big world around her. She is a nurturer for sure.



Don't get me started on Baylor Jane...she is babbling like a crazy person and every few words she clearly states "Good Girl", "hello" or "hot dog". I thought she was going to be our quite and reflective one. Fat chance...she is more of a dare devil than Addison and she learns too much from her...I'm not talking the alphabet ; manipulation, climbing skills and how to drive us overall nutty.



This was just a weekend that once again reminds me that I am taking part in a miracle raising these two little women and I am just so honored to be doing this with my husband. We aren't the worlds most perfect parents, but I know I am having a blast on this adventure.



That's a good sign right?

No comments: