Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Thursday, June 10, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars...


I'd be a stay-at-home mom.
I am really having a rough time right now being away from my girls. Financial issues have forced me to pick up a lot of extra jobs over the last few months and I have spent quite a few hours during the week away from home on top of my regular job. I am doing what needs to be done to keep this family a float but it is really getting to me.
I am working all summer and I am already sort of at my breaking point.

I have always dreamed of staying at home and raising our children. I was very blessed to be home 12 weeks when Addison was born and 5 months with Baylor. I just desperately want to be with them all of the time.

I have always said that the summers is when I will get to be an at-home mom, but I have still taught summer school for the last three summers. This summer I am picking up even more hours than the last two and I just feel a little bummed by it.

So, if I magically had a million dollars dropped in my lap I wouldn't go on an amazing vacation or go all crazy spending it on outlandish things. I would simply get caught up on the mess that unemployment brings and then stay at home giving my babies they extra love and attention I really wish I could afford to give them.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Me Too!!!!!