Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting to Know Me...

I snagged this from TurtleParade. Thought it was fun and I don't feel like grading..Enjoy.

1. Who was your first prom date? Jeff K. His mom arranged flowers so my corsage was beautiful (all full size red roses). He borrowed his brothers sports car so it would match my dress and he was super sweet. He is married and has three adorable girls. I saw them at Meijer last year and he is still such a good ole' nice guy. Great daddy too.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? Yes, he just flipped from The Office to ESPN and I yelled him to turn it back.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Screwdriver at my friend Shannons house New Years Eve 1995. Her older brothers friends told me I would lose all of my awards and I would loose my position as class president because I was drinking. I remember crying and then having to get up and go to basketball practice. TurtleParades dad was one of my coaches and he looked as pissed to be at practice on New Years day as I was.
4. What was your first job? babysitting, then The Soda Fountain
5. What was your first car? 1985 Chevey Nova...fondly refferred to by all four teen drivers in my family as the SuperNova (I also called her my little avon lady).
6. Who was the first person to text you today? No texts right now....long story but phones are shut off. Im going insane!
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? First People...my Addison and Baylor Jane.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Ms. Spittler
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Florida, I was 24. Is that lame or what?
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Shannon, not too often. Mostly on Facebook. Grew apart after high school.
11. Where was your first sleepover? I think my old and dear friend Hollies, I think.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? My husband...and he is a grumpalumpagus in the mornings...geesh.
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? Hollie's
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? I ate a bowl of Cheerios
15. What was the first concert you went to? The Monkee's reunion tour. I was around 6
16. First tattoo? A strawberry on my back above my right hip. My grandpa always called me his strawberry shortcake. It was for him. I also have a Celtic trinity knot for my other grandpa. I want to get another Celtic knot on my wrist. My sisters and I have trinity knot necklaces our mom got us and my sister Amanda already has her wrist tattooed with it. AJ and I are next...
17. First piercing? ears, I was about a year...I think?
18. First foreign country you went to? Canada and that is it. I need to travel more.
19. First movie you remember seeing? The Dark Crystal
20. What state (province) did you first live in? Ohio
21. Who was your first room mate? Not counting my sister Amanda, Emily at BGSU
22. When was your first detention? I never had one, pretty lucky.
23. When was your first kiss? 7th grade, it was weird and I didn't really kiss anyone again for a few more years. I hope my girls are as prude as I was in high school and I pray that they aren't as wild as I was in college. Maybe it was all the high school suppression?
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? How to dance, I am not graceful at all and I wish I could carry myself with the strength and grace of a dancer. Plus, it just seems like a great way to stay in shape.
25. Who will be the next person to post this? Not sure, I don't really think anyone reads my blog...if anyone ever does thanks!

No comments: