Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Saturday, September 26, 2009

two-two


when my little my brother was young he called his pacifier his "two-two". He always had one in his mouth and one in his hand, thus "two-two" was born. For some reason my parents were "two-two "pushers and Addison has been hooked since about 13 months. She is hooked something fierce and she learned to call it her two-two ( we call it dos -dos for code sometimes...it makes up feel sneaky and international)


Addison is very big for her age and looks a bit older than almost two (Halloween birthday...I don't want her to grow up!) and it really bothers me that she needs her pacifier as much as she does. She freaks for it and gets very upset when she can not have one. We really want her to quit.


Well we decided to try taking it away yesterday. UGGG, it was like a crack addict coming down cold turkey. She was up every 2 hours screaming, punching, kicking and squealing for her two-two. She was pretty cranky all day today (as were we) and we are trying it again tonight. I have a gut feeling this night will be worse, I think we might just have to give in and let her decided when she is done using a "baby" toy.


I really DO NOT like the terrible twos...I'm pretty sure I might have a mental breakdown!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

On my second birthday, my mom just cut the nipple off of my pacifier. I cried a little bit, then just cuddled with it to fall asleep for a few weeks. I was fine.

Heather said...

Too, funny...we just did that Friday. She sort of freaked out hard core!

Alexa said...

I had one until I was 6 months old. That's when my dad found out that not all kids used one and he decided that I didn't need one either. The twins used them though. Noelle got her finger stuck in hers during a nap one day and had to be taken to the emergency room to get it cut off. They didn't use them after that, but they were 1 at the time.