Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, May 03, 2010

I Miss My Old Puppy?

I know this sounds weird but....
Baylor pooped on the floor before her bath last night-sick right?

Addison peed all over my bedroom tonight, we are having quite an adventure with potty training and she also is fascinated with taking her clothes off-sick and weird, right?

Well, what is the most messed up (and 100% the mommy in me) is that both bathroom malfunctions made me miss our old puppy, Peter.

He was a really messed up little man with some serious issues and we had to find him a new home when he tried to attack Addison (he had like 3 teeth, it was not a very vicious attack). He peed and pooped in the house out of spite or if were gone longer than he liked. But I loved him, he was so much work and I think he tried to kill me twice on the basement stairs, and I think about him once in awhile.

Well, I am circling the airport on this one. Bottom line, my kids are more work right now than my anxiety ridden rescue puppy was when it comes to toilet related occurrences. Never thought I'd say that in this lifetime. Never thought I would use my left over pet deodorizer to clean up my bedroom over a year after I no longer owned a dog.
If you knew our Peter you would know exactly what I am referring too-he was soooo messed up.
The more I think about it, the only time I really get melancholy is when one of my children does something weird with poop, pee or biting.
I believe we will stick to Addison's fish for our family pet right now (named Mimi-dogg).

No comments: