Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Turtle Wins the Race Every Time and Other Musings about my Life


We have our last Financial Peace class next week and I am both joyful and sad to finish out the 13 weeks. Though we have a LONG way to go, we have made so many serious changes to the way we live that I am actually pretty excited to see what the future has in store.

All the extra jobs and making all of the cuts (which seem like no big deal now...bring it on) is so worth being out of debt in the next few years. I just keep dreaming of the day when our only expenses are living and the mortgage.

I feel like Dave Ramsey and his teachings has had such a huge part in saving our life and our marriage.



As for surrendering...I am knee deep in The Me I want to Be and it is quite a soul opener. Letting go has been so amazing and difficult at the same time and each day I sit down and read I feel a little bit better about the progress I am making in my own spiritual journey. It is pretty cool how all of the stress of the last few months has actually given me the push to find the spirituality I had been negelecting for so long.

This conitunes to be a segment of my life that has had so much change. There has been so much heartache and so much beautiful redemption, I have found solace in patience and taking the time to let things unravle as planned. I think it is perception and attitude that has made all the difference and I am glad that I have finally matured enough to say that aloud:)

So, to all the growth that has happened and to all that will be in the future...I look forward to the journey. I am working on getting better at paying attention to the scenic route and stop getting hung on things like bumpy roads, expensive cars and stormy surroundings.
It is not easy, but I am trying.

No comments: