Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, August 10, 2009

Damn It...

Well, if my toddler is going to experiment with repeating mommy's swear words at least she is doing it correctly?

I had to hold back a giggle at the sound of my 21 month old mumbling "damn it" like a grouchy old man when she dropped her sippy cup last week. I read that I should ignore it and she won't keep using a swear word if I don't freak out about it, but the thing is she used it with a real function. She was so clear in her expression of a specific emotion, clearly that would have been my regular reaction too or else she wouldn't have learned it.

Today she shut her door on her foot and she shouted "damn it mommy...that hurt!"

I am more aware than ever how much of a little sponge she is and I am really going to have to work on what I say in front of her. I can expect to have lots of embarrassing moments in the future, I am sure of this.

No comments: