Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"The Road" Less Traveled


So, school starts in a few days and I have to hustle and catch up on my summer reading. I desperately need to re-read a few things for my honors kids summer reading. I am re-reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road...it definitely changes when you re-read it. I think I like it even more the 2nd time around. It's a great one and the film version looks pretty promising.

I also needed to skim through Jeanette Walls The Glass Castle...that turned into a full re-read too. It has to be one of my favorite books. I don't usually have enough time to read for school and pleasure and it is pretty nice when my reading load becomes a "kill two birds" situation.


No comments: