Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seriously, Senior boys?

First day of school, this semester I'm teaching Honors English 11 and Composition and Literature of Sports; both upper level courses. I like my students so far and I have a lot of my old students. One "fantastic" student in particular, Cory, amuses me daily. Today he did not let me down.

I was finishing an apple after lunch and as Cory walked into the room I threw my apple core into the garbage. Cory ran across the room, screamed "No!...why would you throw that away!" He then pulled the core out, ate it all and then smiled with pride.

Apparently the weirdo loves to eat apple cores.

I'm not sure which disturbed me more:
1. He ate an apple core
2. He ate an apple core pulled from the garbage
3. He ate and apple cores pulled from the garbage after it had been eaten by me.
4. I laughed and I wasn't really shocked.

Banal was one of our vocab words this week...that got giggles every block too. God, I love high school!

No comments: