Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Thursday, January 06, 2011

Get a Hobby!

I have never had a real hobby. No, really. I like to run, I love basketball and most sports in general...I just never have had a real honest to goodness "hobby".

Now I do! Yay for me, right? I am positive that I am the only person that cares about this new hobby, though Addison is excited to be a "posing model"

I finally got the camera of my dreams and I am in love!

I am also going a bit nuts-o. I have been taking shots like crazy, reading up when I should be grading and asking professionals a million questions.

I have a new lens on the way (50 mm 1.4) and my new Photoshop Elements 9 should be installed by the weekend (can't guarantee I will have any idea how to use it  any time soon).

Here is my first and fav shot of Addison. There is a small problem, the worlds most annoying shoe. Somehow, Ryan's shoe snuck its way into a least 15 shots. I have a lot to learn.


She is really into tights with boots these days. She is my little fashion girl. It is nature not nurture with this one!
I have a ridiculous amount of Baylor Jane too, but the kid has had the constant runny nose. I have way more shots of that kids snot than I will ever need and I am not ready to share her cold with the public:)

I think the best part of having a hobby, especially one that my girls think is entertaining, is that I feel creative again. With the exception of little art projects around the house and stuff at school I feel so boring. This is actually a chance to awaken the artsy-schmartsy me that has been dormant for quite some time.

I think I really have found a way to freeze my baby girls in time...sort of.

No comments: