Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing Stay-at-Home Mommy

I have always dreamed of staying at home with my kids full time. It is not going to happen, I HAVE to work for us to survive. I am working on coming to terms with that and I know that I am trying to be the best mommy I am created to be.

What I do love is long weekends and breaks. I get to "pretend" my only job is being mommy and I cherish it.

What I realized today...if I was a full-time SAHM I would be rail thin and maybe a more avid wine drinker.

Up and down the stairs, all around the house. I never sat down this weekend. Never. Today seemed extra crazy for some reason. Baylor was exceptionally wild.

I lost the rest of my two years and two babies worth of weight after an action packed summer off of -it came off  surprisingly quick. I chalked it up to my body getting back to normal, but then I realized it was from chasing after the girls for three months.

They wear me out. Anyhow, I love it and I wish I had more days at home with them. I am already looking forward to spring break and I can't wait for summer. My girls are certainly gifted with energy and imagination. I am not sure if I ever thought I would have low key children but, these ladies love to explore, ask a million and one questions and talk to everyone and anything they encounter.

When I take them grocery shopping with me I often think "hmmm, wouldn't it be nice if they just chilled out and walked along with me". Not a chance. The only nice thing is that they never really beg for things...I can't stand a "gimmie, gimmie" kid.

What I realize is that the very things that sometime wear me down are the gifts that will make them very well adjusted, creative and innovative thinking young ladies.

I just keep reminding myself of that when Baylor is painting the walls with chocolate frosting while signing loudly and Addison (my barely 3-year-old) has called my mom on my cell phone "just to chat".

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So glad you got an extra day at home with the girls today!
That stinks that you can't be home with them all the time like you want, but I'm sure as they get older they will appreciate all the sacrifices you've made for them.
I admire you for being a working Mom, it was something I just couldn't do.
Thanks again for stumbling upon my blog!