Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Friday, September 29, 2006

Can You Really Define "Dirty"?

So Roonie tagged Sarah and now Sarah got to me. I have been tagged and now I must dutifully share my ten dirty secrets, though I stand by my opinion that my secrets are far more "nerdy" than dirty, don't judge me!


10. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 21, and he was kind of crappy.

9. I want to send a card into PostSecret but I am afraid my card won't be as clever or artistic as everyone else.

8. I have always been jealous of one of my sisters. Though I have always been the driven and achieving one, she has always been the skinny and attractive one. I know that my life is accomplished and well rounded yet, I wish for just one day I could fit into her clothes and be the "hot" one.

7. I have only truly hated one person in my life, and she is married to my husband's brother. This makes for awkward Thanksgivings.

6. I got caught shop lifting at The Pharm when I was 12. It was the first and last time I tried and it was two stinking tubes of Revlon lipstick.

5. I used to be scared of Sarah and Michelle when I was on their softball team. I was like 11 or 12 but I thought they were so much cooler, and I think I always thought they were making fun of me. I am pretty sure they still make fun of me (it's cool), but now I know how unscarry and awesome they both are. Love ya!

4. I am afraid we will be poor forever. I feel like all I have been since I was first in college is poor. Now I have a good job and make decent money and my husband is in school. I just want to not worry about if we can afford groceries or not.

3. I am afraid I won't be a good mom.

2. I have been petrified of clowns for as long as I can remember. I can look at them now with out getting the chills, but I still avoid them like the plague.

1. In high school I always felt like Veronica from the movie Heathers. I was friends with everyone "popular" but I always felt on the outside and like I needed to expand my horizons (Roonie, I never wanted to kill anyone). I also always wanted to be a homecoming attendant. I never got why I wasn't worthy, but I always held my breath when the annoucements were read.


So, I am offically tagging Malissa.

4 comments:

Roonie said...

I am right on par with you on #8 and #9.

As for #1, I always felt like Punky Brewster while everyone else was Barbie and the Rockers. I still feel that way. I never thought I'd be Homecoming attendant, but when I did get it, I knew I didn't have a shot in hell at Homecoming Queen - but I cried when I lost anyway.

Anonymous said...

You are not the first person that has told me they were scared of me in our younger years.

That makes me sad.

I do know that I could definitely be a bitch when I wanted to be, but I honestly thought I was a nice person. I think generally I was, but I can't remember ever "hating" you...so that, again, makes me sad.

I am here appologizing for me and my junior high attitude. :)

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

21 years old? What about Ratcliff-Heebs?

Heather said...

Ben, I forgot about Radcliff. I guess I never counted him as a "boyfriend" since he ditched me after prom and told really personal information to all of you guys. He probably was the more attractive guy I ever dated (not counting Ryan of course). Thanks for the memory.