Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, September 18, 2006

Leftovers?


My pal Sarah (TurtleParade) posted a great post about EW top 50 high school films. It was a great post and a great article, but I noticed a few omissions. So I feel the need to highlight a few forgotten favorites...

Remember the Titans
Never Been Kissed
10 Things I Hate About You
Never Been Kissed
Varsity Blues
Save the Last Dance
Footloose
Better Off Dead
Pump Up the Volume (pre-crack Christian Slater)
Valley Girl
School Ties
Some Kind of Wonderful
All The Right Moves
Vision Quest
Gleaming the Cube (more Christian Slater)
Encino Man (horrible movie, but still...in high school)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree that there were many-O-good HS films that were left off.

Varsity Blues to be one of them...

But, how hard...to nail it down to just 50???

Roonie said...

But everyone is forgetting MEAN GIRLS!