Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Friday, September 01, 2006

I'll Stick With What I Have, Thank You

So, I was trying to look up baby names in order to post a comment for my new blog pal Mallissa when I came across a list of Celebrities real names. I have been laughing for the last twenty minutes at some of the last names parents punished their now famous children with. It is very interesting how many of the ethnic names were altered for Hollywood, sort of sad. Here are a few of my favorites...


Ralph Lauren =Ralph Lipschitz
Goldie Hawn = Goldie Jean Studlendgehawn
Gene Simmons = Chaim Witz
Freddy Prinze Jr. = Frederick Karl Pruetzel Jr.
Joan Rivers =Joan Sandra Molinsky
Michael Keaton =Michael Douglas (how funny is that?)
Tupac Shakur =Lesane Parish Crooks
Tiger Woods = Eldrick Woods
Gene Wilder = Jerome Silberman
Shania Twain =Eileen Regina Edwards
Nikki Sixx (Musician from the band Motley Crue) =Frank Farrano

3 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

HAHA - too funny!!

I don't think Gene Wilder looks like a jerome to me?!?!?!

I wonder what name I would choose?? hehe

Malissa said...

ok - the ralph lauren one is awesome. and NOW WE KNOW that Goldie Hawn really IS jewish. What is the name Chaim??? and Molinsky is Monica Lewinsky's hollywood name.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

they missed arnold scaasi..
arnold isaacs (scaasi spelled backwards) bee