Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Talk About Catering to The Rich and Lazy


I love the style of William Sonoma. I also happen to be poor, so I usually go online or in the store and get ideas and then make them myself or find similar styles at cheeper stores (Target). I do this will Crate and Barrel and Potter Barn as well. Today, I found the pinnacle of catering to the needs of the rich, lazy and ungifted yuppie soccer mom....

Introducing the 3 for $24 dollar cookies with your kids name on it-plus shipping. What the hell is this about? I mean cook them yourself for like $2! At the very worst, go to Kroger buy the cookies for about $5 bucks and then put your kids name on them. Lazy.

Whats next premade handprints of newborns?

2 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

You are correct - LAZY!!!!

It makes me sad becuase I grew up in a family where both my parents worked, we were in a lot of after school activities and my mom still managed to make cookies, cupcakes, ect for me and my friends or to take to after school events. I even helped her and even though the things we made were not always perfect they were memories I will have forever. Today there is just no thought behind anything for some people. $24 for 3 cookies, ridiculous! Even if I had the money I wouldn't buy those!

Malissa said...

whoa - i agree that this is OVER THE TOP!!! oh, to have that much money laying around. this is what i'm talking about when i say "distribute the wealth, people".