Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Aunt Jane


Ryan's Aunt and Baylor Jane's namesake died in her sleep over the weekend and I just wanted to reflect on how remarkable she was. A few weeks shy of her 90th, Aunt Jane was a retired professor from the University of Michigan and one amazing woman. She loved my babies very much and gave me the respect and intellectual stimulation that I don't normally get from family. She was just cool.

Aunt Jane made such progress in education, the role of a woman in her generation and she just understood why I love to read and learn. One of the last things she said was that I need to get my Ph.D...hmm-not sure if I have the money or energy for that, but when Jane speaks you listen.
Anyhow, I've linked her obituary (which Ryan's cousin Michelle wrote and I think it is beautiful!) and I just want to honor her and thank her for being in my life the last 8 years. My girls were very blessed to get a few years of Aunt Jane's hugs.

No comments: