Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, July 26, 2010

teamwork

I am sitting here taking a break from laundry listening to my two mischievous little ones over the baby monitor. I desperately need them to take a nap today, they know this...it is not going as well as most days.

They share a room and we have "successfully" gotten them to take naps and go to bed together. Honestly, not a single problem; until today.

Today, they have decided to change the rules. As the baby monitor gives me a peek into what these little monkeys are doing instead of napping like angels, I am not sure I enjoy what I am hearing.

Teamwork.

From the day we brought Baylor home there has been growing evidence that these two are joining their powers for evil, but today I think they have fully realized that working together will surely give mommy a mental breakdown.

Sample conversation from 2 minutes ago: "Baylor...start yelling. Mommy wants us to sleep, I don't want to sleep. She'll get you, I will run".
Really? Did I just hear that? Baylor responded by laughing and then she started to yell "momma, momma". When I didn't go up to their room Addison said "ah, man...shes not coming. what will we do. JUMP!" They are currently jumping on their beds...I am so annoyed I might just go up there, but I am pretty sure I don't want to be outsmarted by an almost 3 year old and a 1 year old.

Everyone wants their kids to be brilliant and I happen to believe that every single child has a special gift that they are outstanding at. I used to think that Addison was gifted with communication/compassion and that Baylor was our mechanical/spacial little one...I now beg to differ. They are both evil geniuses that are plotting to take over the world.

I just heard Baylor giggle manically and I think Addison just mumbled something about uranium 235 and world domination. Visions of Pinky and the Brain are flashing through my head.

No comments: