Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, July 19, 2010

Sniffle of the Week

The playdates with Makayla and Addison have changed way more than my heart has been prepared for. I am not doing very well lately with my kids getting older. I think it is because Addison is just getting so self sufficient and the whole potty training was far more depressing than helpful (hey, but she still needs me to wipe her butt...I am still needed!) My friend Jodie does not make it easier by sending me a ton of old photos from some of the girls first few playdates.

This was their first playdate. Addison is around 2 months old. This was this past Friday and I am pretty sure I am going to be the mom that cries at every landmark and everyone in our family knows I save EVERYTHING.

I know it is gross, but I even saved her dried umbellica cord stump and even the pregnancy tests I took. Don't judge me-I'm "sentimental" (my loving husband affectionatly calls me a neurotic horder).

Her first day of school will for sure be a pinnacle moment in my line of mental breakdowns, I don't want to even think about Baylor...shes not allowed to grow up period.











No comments: