Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Monday, August 07, 2006

I Am a Popular Culture Freak

I have always known that I have a obscure and mostly useless array of knowledge in regards to popular culture. Want I didn't know was that VH1 created a tournament where you could win $250,000.00 for watching too much TV and movies, reading excessively and listening to lots of different music.

I was pissed to watch this tournament and realize that the people on it were idiots and the questions were extremely easy. So, being the proactive person that I am, I signed up for the second season casting call and will be going to Chicago when the date is set. You compete in teams of three, thus far my team consists of my husband and me. We are currently accepting applications for a third member so if you can name at least three characters from Thundercats, sing the theme song to Smokey and the Bandit, or name the actress that played Screech Powers girlfriend on Saved by the Bell you are right for us.

In the spirit of the game I thought I would post a few easy questions for fun. I might be interesting to see if I am the only person (besides my poor husband) that has no life.

Movie Tag Lines (name the film)

1. Collide with Destiny

2. 'For Harry and Lloyd everyday is a no-brainer.'

3. 'She walked off the street, into his life and stole his heart.'

4. 'An adventure 65 million years in the making.'

The Simpsons

5. What is the name of the criminal that always robs the Kwik-E- Mart?

6. What was the name of the resturant the served Homer poisonous fish?

7. To whom did Bart sell his soul?

8.What is Patty and Selma's favorite TV show?

Movie Quotes

9. Kenny: You guys gotta get me out of here! There's this guy Nasty Nate who wants my cocktail fruit, and everyone here likes fresh fish! Then The Squirrel Master came out of left field and told me I'm his bitch!

10.Marge: Say Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plate so he went and changed his name to J3L2404? Lou: Yah, that's a good one.

11.Joseph Donnelly: I tried to prove myself to you, But I know nothing of Books, or Alphabets, or Sun, or Moon, or... All I know is Joseph Loves Shannon.

Random Questions

12.Which John Cusack film was written and directed by Cameron Crow?

13. What Kevin Smith movie first starred Ben Affleck and Jason Lee as the Bluntman and Chronic comic book authors.

14. In Billy Madison a song is playing when Billy pulls up to his first day of high school. What is the song and who is the artist?

15. What was the name of the girl group Kelly, Jessie and Lisa formed on Saved by the Bell?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OK Keather: 1) I love this show as well, however 2) I am no good at this stuff!

I can probably only answer a few questions...but I won't, just in case someone really wants to compete!

(My vote is for Michelle - before I knew your facination with pop culture, I thought she was the most knowledgable person at this stuff!)

Anonymous said...

I can answer about -1 of those.

One of my favorite song lyrics is "popular culture no longer applies to me." Spot on, baby!