Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, August 01, 2006

On the First Day...

Well, this is my inaugural post. I would like to give a big thank you to Sara for her inspiration and the lovely work she does with turtleparade. I truly believe that Myspace is a gateway drug leading to bigger things such as blogging and Sara is metaphorically my dealer.
Today I visited my Aunt and Uncle-in-laws office. They own a very successful temporary staffing company and two days ago it burnt to the ground. My husband and I really wanted to show our support, but I don't think we were ready for the devastation. There was nothing left but crumbling brick walls and piles of soot. What I found extremely profound was that their business is called Phoenix Staffing. I'm not sure if anyone other than Harry Potter readers and English teachers know this, but a Phoenix is a mythical creature that bursts into flames and is reborn from its own ashes.
I found something very amazing in that occurrence and I wonder why it takes things like fires to make people take a look at recreating themselves time after time. It seems like a nice way to look at constantly living life to the fullest.

6 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Hello and welcome! I found your blog through Sarah! :-)

That is crazy/ironic that the name of the place is the Phoenix. I love the phoenix and think it can be very inspiring and a perfect example of life, that is why I am getting a tatoo of it this year. I hope your Aunt and Uncle can find a new begining from this horrible situation and it was so nice of the two of you to be there for them!!!

I wish them the best during this time!!

Sarah said...

Welcome Heather!

(so excited that Jenn is sharing her thoughts here...)

UGH! how awful for your family. I'm sure something bigger and more wonderful will be gained from this experience!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Hello there, welcome to the world of blogging Heather!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss that your Aunt and Uncle have experienced. That's just awful. However, what a great show of support that you and your husband went to be there. Good for you!

I'm looking forward to reading whatever it is that you choose to write about!

Malissa said...

welcome heather! (i was routed by Sarah!). i too am sorry about your aunt and uncle's loss. i hope they can pick up the pieces and move forward in life.
i too have an uncontrollable need to comment on absolutely everything. i can't think of one thing in life that i haven't had an opinion about. nice thing to share in common!

Anonymous said...

I love this blogging phenom. I don't even know you, but Sarah does, and so by association, I'm proud.

Sarah said...

Oh Roonie...yes you know Keather! She graduated with you, duh! You would give her a big hug if she were standing in front of you right now!

And I agree, this blogging phenom is wonderful!