Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Man, V For Vendetta Fired Me Up


Last night I sat down to finally watch V for Vendetta. When it first came out in theatres one of my students explained to me that it started in the early 80's as a graphic novel (comic book). He shared it with me and I thought it could possibly be a fantastic film.

It was actually amazing.

I tend to get very fired up when I watch a movie that moves me. I usually get made fun of for getting into films as much as I do, but when I watch something that was imagined by a human I assume that there is nothing keeping someone else from actually doing it. If you haven't seen the film or read the book there is an overall message of revolution and not letting fear control you. The film version was adapted to include biological warfare and religious terrorism making the modern day issues catalyst for even more paranoia.

Conspiracy theories tend to be traditionally for crazy people, but the older I get the less I trust any government. I trust the good in people, but I don't trust the euphoric high of power. My mother keeps telling me I watch to much TV and read too many books, but hell I have ADD.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the film tremendously and I will continue to ignore most of the news on TV assuming it is the result of money grubbing puppetry. As for the government, I will probably always think it is evil. If a movie, book or television show can be imagined by gifted writers then people with lots of power, money and insatiable greed can think of it too.

Geeze, I should have just watched The Benchwarmers.

Check it out http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gonna hafta watch this now!

Wrestling Kitties said...

I missed it at the theaters and have been waiting to watch this!! We are getting it this weekend and we are SO looking forward to it...and I am glad to know of someone who really liked it!!!