Quote of the Moment

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Tuesday, August 08, 2006


Numerous friends have shown me the power of PostSecret.com. I like to check it regularly and if you have not tried it out I suggest it, it is well worth your time and interest. Here. The images and words are simple, complex, profound and silly.

This new post sparked something in me that made me shiver. I realized that, though it probably seemed grotesque to most, I found the sickly body beautiful. As someone who has waged a war with anorexia, bulimia and food in general for well over 10 years I felt about 5 seconds of jealousy; why couldn't I be that thin? I freaked because I thought I was healed and that thought was sick.

Then I moved into admiration for the personal strength of the poster. This made me realize that one is never "cured" from their illness or battle. It is what you do with the remaining fragments. Do you let them lay dormant or do you use them to build positive beginnings.

Anyhow, always moved and always feeling life... I just wanted to share the power of one particular blog and thank those who share their secrets. Whether it is to a blog, to their friends or to themselves.

No comments: